0.5% Retinol Vitamin A Serum
SKIN Functional 0.5% Retinol - Vitamin A Serum
Reduce Dark Marks(30ml)
A skin perfecting Retinol serum that improves skin’s surface as it treats signs of sun damage, rough texture, wrinkles, and surface imperfections.
What to expect:
- It may sting a bit when you apply at first, but going forward it will be gentle
- Brighter, Smoother, and improved skin texture
- Pair with Mandelic Acid Tonic - as PM routine for those looking to treat pigmentation - (especially Malesma)
- It takes a minimum of 8 - 12 weeks to see results. When starting a new product there may be a pH difference between your skin and the product. This pH difference can cause breakouts in the first two weeks of product use.
- Not suitable for sensitive skin.
- Do not use with other Retinoid treatments.
- Avoid unprotected sun exposure.
Suitable Skin Types
Best Way To Use
- Limit initial use to three times per week, applying two to three drops, only in the evening after cleansing. Gradually increase the frequency of application to every second night for two weeks, then every night.
- If skin is feeling itchy, red and sensitive this is a retinoid response, reduce application frequency.
- Retinol is an inherently unstable ingredient and is typically dissolved in oil to maintain its stability.
- 0.5% Retinol is a well tolerated, stable formulation which can be used by a wider range of skin types. A powerful therapy without the inherent oiliness of conventional Retinol therapies.
- Retinol, a Vitamin A derivative, is effective for ageing, acne and dark spot concerns. Retinol inhibits collagen breakdown that causes elastosis, unclogs blocked pores, reducing acne breakouts.
- Promotes cell turnover, encouraging new cell growth for a more even complexion.
Say Goodbye To:
- Sun damage (4/5)
- Fine lines / wrinkles (4/5)
- Dullness / poor complexion (4/5)
- Loss of firmness / elasticity (4/5)
For Your Safety
- Patch test before use.
- Keep away from children.
- Store at room temperature.
- Do not use on broken skin.
- Use sunscreen every morning.
- If irritation occurs stop use. If the problem persists see a doctor.
Retinol can cause irritation and or sensitisation, presenting as redness, flaking, tenderness and dryness, especially around the eyes and mouth, in the early stages of treatment while skin builds tolerance. If this occurs reduce the frequency of application.
Good To Know
- pH 5,5 – 6,0.
- Water based serum.
- Fragrance free.
- Silicone free.
- Alcohol free.
- Cruelty free.
- Lovingly created in South Africa.